CTV in France: A Seismic Shift In Consumption and The Distinct Advertising Opportunity
(Available for download in both French and English languages)
Magnite’s new research report, CTV: The Future Forward – France, identifies the shift in peoples’ viewing habits across the region, and identifies CTV as an imperative for advertisers as they formulate their media buying strategies for 2021 and beyond.
2020 was a year like no other – and the nature of events saw an acceleration of pre-existing trends in the growth of CTV consumption globally. In a time of limited face-to-face contact, the digitisation of communication, culture and entertainment saw a rapid uptick across all demographics – and this was mirrored in CTV as an increasingly preferred source for content.
Magnite surveyed 10,500 people across France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK (2,100 per market) and found that not only was this growing appetite for CTV consistent across the EU5, but that respondents also demonstrated an openness to advertising in this newer media environment.
Key Findings for France:
- Reach that rivals broadcast: There is widespread adoption of both SVOD and AVOD streaming platforms in France. 78% of respondents use a streaming service at least once a week and 62% use AVOD at least once a week.
- AVOD exceeds SVOD in France: France was the only market we surveyed where weekly AVOD watching (62% of respondents) actually exceeded that of SVOD (58%). This was higher than any of the other surveyed markets, where usage levels of AVOD are almost at parity with SVOD.
- Advertising is not a barrier to adoption: 83% would prefer to watch advertising in exchange for free/reduced subscriptions, and 70% of SVOD users would switch to an ad-based tier of a paid service if it was available.
- The myth of subscription fatigue: The current average monthly subscription in France is €26, yet the maximum they would be willing to pay is €35
- Viewers want a better ad experience: When watching CTV, viewers want advertising that is relevant for them – specifically:
- The show they’re watching (70%)
- Their hobbies and interests (62%)
- Related to their online searches (51%)
- CTV works hard for brands: 68% of respondents are highly receptive to ads and furthermore, 64% took action (search, recall, purchase, advocacy) after seeing an ad on CTV.
You can view a summary infographic for the surveyed EU5 markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK) here.
You can download the full reports for the other surveyed EU markets here.
Enter your details below to download CTV: The Future Forward – France (available in French and English)