What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your device when you visit a publisher client’s website that uses our Services. They allow us to collect information (like your IP address or other device identifiers) from your device.
What other similar technologies do we use?
Cookies are not the only way to recognize or track end users. We may use other similar technologies, including:
- “Tags and Pixels”: These are blocks of code that we and our customers may use to track your navigation of websites or apps using our technology, and your browsing behavior. We use these to synchronize information that we have collected with information independently collected by our customers and other third party advertising platforms and advertisers that are interested in providing you with ads.
- “SDKs” or “Software Development Kits”: These are blocks of code similar to tags and pixels that are embedded into an app that allow us to track certain information relating to your use of apps using our technology.
- Mobile device identifiers: We also use standard device identifiers, for example the “IDFA” advertising identifier used on Apple’s iOS devices and the “Google Advertising ID” advertising identifier used on Android devices, to track your use of mobile apps.
- Statistical Identifiers: We use probabilistic methodologies of identifying devices based on linking several characteristics about a device/browser together that have a reasonable likelihood of being associated with that unique device.
- Hashed email address: We may use hashed email addresses to match audiences. Hashing is a standard process of converting a directly identifiable email address to an encrypted version that is consistent and pseudonymized but cannot be reversed.
We also use secure server-to-server connections with some of our partners and third parties to collect information using a mechanism called “cookie syncing” where we and our partners use a “match table” to append information collected based on different Identifiers.
Cookies or other similar technologies set by us and third parties through our Platform
Third parties may also set cookies on your device to serve advertising through our Platform, or for analytics or other purposes. These companies may use information about your visits to websites using our technology in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services that you may be interested in. They may also employ technology that is used to measure the effectiveness of advertisements. The information collected through this process does not enable us or them to identify your name, contact details or other directly identifying details unless you choose to provide those details.
Please see below for the details of the types of cookies set by us and third parties using our Platform. In some countries, your consent is required before websites can use our advertising technologies and set our cookies. Where that is the case, we will not set cookies if the website operator informs us that you have not consented.
|Types of cookies||Who sets these cookies|
Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Platform, including your cookie choices.
|Magnite Third party fraud prevention and detection providers:|
Human (f/k/a White Ops)
Analytics and measurement cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Platform is being used and to provide us with key analytics.
|Magnite Third party measurement and attribution providers:|
Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests.
Third party advertising platforms: (see below)
How can I control cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. You can exercise your cookie preferences by following the opt-out instructions below.
Your Opt-Out Choices
If you do not want information about the websites you visit to be used to deliver targeted advertising to you, you may opt out by using the opt-out tools on our website at https://www.magnite.com/legal/user-choice-portal/
You can also refuse or accept cookies from the Platform at any time by activating settings on your browser. Information about the procedure to follow in order to enable or disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s website via your help screen. You may wish to refer to https://www.youronlinechoices.com/ for information on commonly used browsers. Please be aware that if cookies are disabled, some website features may not operate as intended.
Please note that opt outs operate by placing a cookie on your device that is unique to the browser and device you use to opt out. They may not function properly if you have configured your browser to reject certain cookies. If you change browsers or devices, or delete the cookies on your device, you will need to opt out again. You also can set your browser to notify you when a cookie is being set and to block most cookies, including ours.
In some countries, our clients are required to ask for your consent before they use our advertising technologies. In those cases, we will not use our advertising technologies if they have told us that you do not consent to their use. However, if you have consented and now wish to change your mind, you can opt out using our opt-out tools above.
How often will you update this Cookie Statement?
The date at the top of this Cookie Statement indicates when it was last updated.
Where can I get further information?
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact Magnite’s Privacy Team by email at email@example.com or by post using the details provided below:
Attn: Privacy Team
6080 Center Drive 4th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90045, USA
You can also contact Magnite’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are based in the EU you can contact our EU Representative:
Lionheart Squared (Europe) Ltd (FAO – Magnite),
2 Pembroke House, Upper Pembroke Street 28-32,
Dublin, DO2 EK84, Republic of Ireland.
Advertising Cookies – Third Party Technology Providers
DMP, Onboarders, Data Providers
Demand Side Platforms
Brightroll DSP by Yahoo
Oxonux Digital Media Pvt
Roku Oneview (DataXu)