Maintaining the quality of inventory available for sale through the Magnite platforms is critical for Magnite in order to be able to protect its buyer and seller clients and ensure that all parties are compensated fairly for any transaction over the Magnite platforms. In order to protect this marketplace, sellers (including publishers, networks, cooperatives, exchanges, or any other sources of advertising inventory) making inventory available over the Magnite platforms are required to adhere to these Inventory Quality Guidelines (the “Guidelines”). Please review these Guidelines carefully, and note that Magnite may, at its sole discretion, update these Guidelines at any time – it is your responsibility to ensure that you adhere to these Guidelines including any updates hereto. If you have any questions about these Guidelines, please contact your Magnite account manager.
These Guidelines apply to all channels of advertising inventory and all types of media. If you fail to abide by these Guidelines, Magnite reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Magnite platforms. Please note that these Guidelines are not an exhaustive list of prohibitions, but rather represent platform principles – Magnite reserves the right to reject, suspend, or remove from its platforms any inventory in its sole discretion, regardless of whether a basis for removal is listed here. These Guidelines do not limit Magnite’s discretion in any way.
- You must not make inventory available over the Magnite platforms on any media that violates, or otherwise promotes the violation of any applicable law, rule, or regulation in any relevant jurisdiction.
- You must not make inventory available if such inventory or its owner, publisher, or supplier is sanctioned by, or has been designated as a disinformation source by, the U.S. government.
- You must disclose clearly and obtain effective consent for, any data collection, sharing, and usage that occurs on any media as a result of your use of the Magnite platforms. In particular, you must provide end users with clear and comprehensible information about, and obtain effective consent for, the use of technologies such as cookies on the end user’s device, where such activity occurs through your use of the Magnite platforms. You must provide users with an opportunity to opt out of data collection for advertising purposes, and must pass any opt out choice to Magnite.
- With respect to any advertising inventory originating in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or United Kingdom, you shall not send or transmit ad calls or bid requests by any mechanism to Magnite that contain or reflect: (a) any special categories of personal data (as set forth in Article 9(1) of the General Data Protection Regulation), including but not limited to data related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, health status, or sexual orientation, or (b) any personal data relating to criminal convictions or offenses (as described in Article 10 of the GDPR).
- You must ensure that any ad request sent to Magnite does not contain any information that enables individual identification of an end-user (such as their name, username, phone number or email address) or information that permanently identifies a particular device. Ad requests must only contain cookie or resettable device-related identifiers.
- With respect to any advertising inventory originating in the United States, you shall comply with the Video Privacy Protection Act and shall obtain all applicable end-user consents prior to passing any video content viewing behavior (“Viewed Content Data”) to Magnite. You shall notify end users that you engage in Viewed Content Advertising and shall provide users with an opportunity to opt out. Magnite shall be permitted to pass any Viewed Content Data to its buyers and technology vendors.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT
You must not make inventory available over the Magnite platforms on any media that includes content for which you lack the legal right or authority to make available. Additionally, you must not make inventory available on any media that includes any material that infringes, or otherwise enables or facilitates the infringement of the intellectual property rights of any third party (including rights conferred or otherwise protected by patents, copyrights, trademarks, or trade secrets).
INVENTORY AUTHORIZATION AND REPRESENTATION
For inventory covered by published ads.txt or app-ads.txt files, you may send us requests only if your Magnite-assigned seller account ID is listed in the respective file. For more information on this program, please visit the IAB Techlab website.
All information you provide in connection with the Magnite platforms must be correct and complete, including any descriptions of the characteristics of the inventory and related data, and may not be misrepresented in any way. Without limitation, this means inventory attributes, including referring URLs, app store identification data (which includes but is not limited to app bundles, app names, store IDs, and store URLs), ad formats, positions, placements, and sizes, client characteristics (IP addresses, user agents, device IDs, geolocation data), Supply Chain Object (schain) and sellers.json data, must be correct in ad requests you send to our platforms. (However, masking low-order bits of IP addresses, restricting precision of geolocation information, or other redaction as strictly necessary to prevent the transmission of PII is acceptable.) You may not omit any mandatory information.
You may not engage in bid jamming or ad-call request looping. That is, you may only send us a single ad request via a given integration for any particular unique impression opportunity on a given placement and ad size. For example, if we do not fill a particular request, you may not then issue a subsequent request with the same characteristics.
You may not make inventory available that is purchased by you through any advertising exchanges not expressly approved by Magnite.
Video inventory must represent in-stream video placements or authorized and properly declared formats such as outstream. In-banner video is never acceptable.
Any impression made available for sale on the Magnite platforms must result from human activity. For example, you must not make any inventory available on the Magnite platforms:
- Using automated means to generate the impression, including spiders, scripts, or other non-human agents;
- By offering any cash or equivalent incentives (such as gift cards or cryptocurrencies) to view or interact with an ad;
- By automatically spawning an impression, or otherwise hijacking an end user’s device or browser;
- Using automatic ad refreshes (unless instigated by an end-user refreshing the seller’s media); or
- Using any method whatsoever designed to fraudulently, deceptively, or artificially inflate the number of impressions, clicks, or other measurable actions.
If your inventory is located in or on an application (including a mobile application), you must not: (a) substantially override the ad placements on any third party media via such application, or (b) rearrange the content of any third party media via such application.
- You must not make inventory available that is not fully transparent as to URLs, applications, or other relevant descriptors to Magnite, without Magnite’s prior express consent. Your inventory may, at your discretion, be made non-transparent to buyers over the Magnite platforms, but we require full transparency in order to be able to assess the quality of the inventory that you are making available. Similarly, you must accurately represent to Magnite the sites, apps, or other inventory you wish to monetize in order to enable Magnite to assess the quality of your inventory.
- The URL or application that you provide to Magnite must be where the advertisement will be displayed.
- You may not make inventory available in double iframes.
- Some buyers may attempt to determine the viewability of impressions available over the Magnite platforms. You must not obscure or otherwise interfere with any such attempts to determine the viewability of your inventory.
You must not make available any inventory that contains, displays, promotes, includes, or consists of any of the following. Works of entertainment such as television shows, online shows, and movies that are ad-supported are evaluated based on the primary subject matter.
- Obscene, pornographic, or adult content
- Illegal Gambling
- Graphic or excessively violent content (games and music may be allowed on a case-by-case basis, with Magnite’s prior express consent)
- Discriminatory content, including content that promotes discrimination by race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, disability, gender, age, or sexual orientation
- Harassment, bullying, threats, or similar content that advocates against any group, organization, or individual
- Harmful Disinformation
- Illegal Drugs and controlled substances, including paraphernalia. Cannabis is allowed on a case-by-case basis.
- File-sharing or torrent sites
- Manga/Anime, unless you own the intellectual property rights to such content
- Sale of pirated goods
- Content that compensates users for clicking on ads or offers, performing searches, or surfing websites
- Inventory that changes user preferences or browser settings, or that initiates downloads without the user’s consent
- Inventory that redirects users to unwanted websites
- Inventory that contains or loads pop-ups or pop-unders
- Rotating video inventory that is loaded into display inventory slots
Without Magnite’s prior express consent, you must not make available any inventory that contains, displays, promotes, includes, or consists of the following:
- Firearms, weapons, and ammunition
- Prescription drugs
- Tobacco or tobacco products
You may not sell inventory located on or injected onto other content via plugins, toolbars, application extensions, VPNs, or proxies, or on a website or in an application that derives its inventory from these types of sources. Any such injection of advertising onto another site’s content is expressly prohibited.
Placements must comply with the Better Ads Standards, and sites or apps may not engage in any of the “least preferred ad experiences” as identified by the Coalition for Better Ads.
The above content guidelines are not an exhaustive list – Magnite may reject any individual media on which ad inventory is being sold.
If a seller raises a concern about an undesired and/or malicious ad serving on their media, or a buyer raises a concern about an ad serving against undesired and/or malicious content, they can contact Magnite via email@example.com. Once notified, Magnite will initiate an investigation into the complaint within 24 hours and make a commercially reasonable effort to take down the ad, either by internal actions or by contacting the applicable DSP, if necessary.